S1015 - SafeGard 2R Window Operating Control Device (WOCD) For Casement Windows
S1015 - SafeGard Window Operating Control Device (WOCD) For Casement
SafeGard™ 2R Operating Control Device (WOCD) For Casement Windows
SafeGard™ 2R Limiting Control Device for Casement Windows. SafeGard™ Provides Peace Of Mind On Casement Window Applications.
Ordering Instructions for SafeGard 2R: Residential Applications
1. Determine window handing by viewing from the outside looking in. If the casement window hinge is on the right side, you need a right hand limiting device.
2. The self-locating sash device is designed for a 7/16 in. [11 mm] cavity on the sill and
jamb. Ensure there are no lips or ribs that would block the ability of the sash device to engage with the frame device. Consult the window manufacturer or application if cavity is larger than 7/16 in. [11 mm] or if lips /ribs are present, or if the cavity height on the jamb is significantly different than the sill. Shims may be required.
2.1. Locate the hinge cavity by finding where the hinge arm attaches to bottom of sash. Follow this cavity around the corner of the sash to the vertical sash member
2.1.1. If there is no cavity on the vertical sash member, please consult with your window manufacturer for application review.
Includes: Arm Assembly, Track Assembly, Template, Window Label, Screw Pack (4 screws) and Operating and Installation Instructions.
Safegard 2R Residential Application Info:
As a market leader in fenestration hardware, AT engineered, patented, and manufactured a releasable limit device for windows which meets the ASTM F2090 safety requirements for self-resetting, egress capable, fall prevention devices. The ASTM F2090 addresses window fall prevention that helps protect against potential falls by children through open windows. This is done by allowing the window opening to be set at a predetermined position of fewer than four inches (4”) and automatically re-latch when fully closed. AmesburyTruth’s SafeGard™ 2R provides a means that the window, when opened in an initial operation, will limit the venting to less than 4”. By code, two actions are required to open the window fully for egress purposes. This additional operation can be performed without the use of keys, tools, or special knowledge. SafeGard™ Window Opening Control Device is designed to allow for factory installation as well as field application by trained personnel.
Features & Benefits wthin ASTM F2090-17
- Prohibits the free passage of a 4 in. diameter rigid sphere
- Dual action release mechanism that consists of two separate, distinct, and consecutive actions to release the mechanism
- WOCD and egress release will not reduce the open area of the window unit beyond applicable code requirements
- Avoids interference with operation or performance of a window
Features & Benefits beyond ASTM F2090-17
- Fully concealed unit after installation and window in closed position
- Easy and accurate installation in the factory or field for residential applications (SafeGard™2R) and factory or field commercial applications (SafeGard™2C)
- Built-in forgiveness with field adjustment feature and allowing for up to 1/8” sash sag
- All adjustments can be done inside the home after window is installed
- Pan head screw (SS) use for ease of handling
- Concealed arm after released from track
Window Opening Control Devices as required by ASTM F2090-17, the standard specification for window control devices with emergency (egress) release mechanisms. Product will limit the window opening to less than 4” and requires two actions to release the device allowing the window to open fully for egress purposes. Actions to release the device for egress purposes are to be performed without the use of keys, tools or special knowledge. WOCD will automatically re-latch when window is fully closed.
Recommended Mounting Screws
- #8 Pan Head, length and screw type dependent on application
To order Safeguard 2C for Commercial applications please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org and we will get you a quote and pricing.