S1015 Gen 1 SafeGard Window Operating Control Device (WOCD) For Casement Windows
S1015 - SafeGard Window Operating Control Device (WOCD) For Casement
SafeGard™ Gen 1 - Operating Control Device (WOCD) For Casement Windows
SafeGard "Gen 1” is the “Old Style" with the red plastic part has been discontinued. Once our stock is gone it will no longer be available and SafeGard 2R the "New Style" In Standard and Narrow is the replacement for residential applications. - Click here for Link to SafeGard 2R New Style
SafeGard Gen 1 Overall Track Size (Track is the part with Red clip at the end):
- 6 3/8" Long x 3/4" Wide X 1/4" Deep
Handing: Left Hand Or Right Hand (Part is marked L or R on red plastic part )
Ordering Instructions for Safegard Gen 1 Old Style - that has red plastic part:
1. Determine window handing by viewing from the outside looking in. If the casement window hinge is on the right side, you need a right hand limiting device.
2. Confirm the hinge cavity on your casement window (See Fig. 2). The hinge cavity needs to be .719 (23/32") wide x .438 (7/16") deep.
- The SafeGard™ the Industry's first limiting control device offered for casement windows
- The SafeGard™ Limit Device was tested & certified to meet ASTM F2090-10 code requirements. The ASTM F2090 addresses window fall prevention, that helps protect against potential falls by children through open windows.
- The SafeGard™ Limit Device provides a means that will limit the venting of the window to less than 4".
- As required by code, the SafeGard™ Limit Device has a two (2) action operation to fully open the window for egress purposes. This operation can be performed without the use of keys or tools.
- Easy to follow opening and release instructions appear on the vent arm. Note: The device will re-latch or reset automatically when window is in closed position.
- The SafeGard™ Limit Device's track, arm and rivet are made entirely of authentic stainless steel with Delran cover and tab.
- The SafeGard™ Limit Device is reliable, easy to install and easy to operate. This device meets today's more stringent safety requirements. Please consult local building codes for WOCD and applicable requirements
Includes: Arm Assembly, Track Assembly, Template, Window Label, Screw Pack (4 screws) and Operating and Installation Instructions.
Note: The SafeGard™ Limiting Control Device will only work in casement windows that have a standard 2-bar hinge cavity with measurements as stated above.
This Device is Not Designed for Awning Windows.
This Device is Not Designed for Case-ment Windows with a 4-Bar Hinge.
Known Part Number: 39-933LH and 39-933RH