W&F Upgrade Handle (All Brass) Is No Longer Available. Use replacement options below.
How to order replacement handle set - please read all instructions below, view pictures and watch our how to videos before you place your order!
Verify you have the "B" screw hole position on your W&F mounting plate (see picture) If you find you have the "A" Screw Hole Click Here
Please watch videos below!
Parts to order:
1. Handle set:
- Part Number S3006 Handle Set Center Latch for "B" Screw Hole Position. Your choice of function: Non keyed, Keyed or Dummy - see additional details for faction explanation.
2. Mortise Lock: Remove your mortise lock from your door to see what you have! The W&F handle set used a 90 degree cylinder which does not work with the S3006 handle set. You will need to replace the mortise lock box with a 45 degree cylinder mortise lock box. Depending on your door manufacture you need one of the following
- # 518 Gray cylinder 45 degree
- # S3007 45 Degree
- #S3011 45 Degree
- If your mortise lock box does not look like any of the above please email us picture's before you place your order so we can help you find the correct parts.
3. Binding Post Screw - as shown in the how to video the replacement handle set is not as long as the old W&F handle set you are replacing. You will have to fill the top screw hole that will be left over from the old handle set. Easiest solution to this is to use a Binding Post Screw.
- Part# 546 - your choice of finish
S3006 Handle Set Function Explanation:
Non-Keyed: Means you can lock and unlock your door only from the inside with the lock latch. But you can NOT lock or unlock from the outside. Most Colors are a stock item.
Keyed: Keyed Means you can Lock and Unlock your door from the inside using the lock latch AND Lock and Unlock your door from the outside using a key. Most Colors are a stock item. Shafts for the keyed lock may need to be cut depending on your thickness of door your have. Otherwise handle will be loose on your door (see instructions that come with the handle set that is also pictured above). If you want to avoid the possibility of having to cut the shafts order the NON KEYED version. (see trouble shooting install at bottom of page for more details on cutting shafts)
Dummy: No Locking or unlocking capability. Used mostly on 4 wide doors where 2 panels operate. Dummys are mounted on the secondary door. Dummy Handle set DO NOT need new Mortise lock as there is no locking feature!
Trouble Shooting Install:
If when using they keyed handle set and the turn lever for the lock and the turn lever for the keyed cylinder are hitting and pushing each other out of the the latch: This could be because you have the french style Hurd door and the panel is a different thickness. What you will need to do is cut the shafts so they both can fit into the mortise lock and the handle set can be screwed down tightly. Easiest is to put on the outside handle in place and mark the shaft where it comes through. Take it off and do the same for the inside handle. Then you can cut just shy of that mark on both shafts and then they should meet in the middle. Double check your marks so you cut on the correct side and don't cut too short. This handle set is made as a replacement option for many door thickness which is why you get multiple length screws and can cut the shafts to fit. If you want to avoid doing this all together order the non keyed version. See instructions that come with the handle set that is also pictured above
Never use power tools when installing handle sets you run the risk of stripping out the screws.
Known Part Numbers On W&F Handle : P/N 120-50, PAT. # 5,092,114
Mounting Plate Known part Numbers: 011771, P/N 120-60; PAT. # 5,092,144
Video is for "A" but installation is the same for the "B" placement (video shows a Hurd Classic Sliding Patio Doors that Used W&F Brass and Wood handle Set)